Top Ten Things to expect once you have launched your business:
1. The first day that your product is officially for sale, you will feel like you are on cloud 9! Everyone will be congratulating you, you will be smiling from ear to ear and you will want to celebrate the fact that all of your hard work has paid off!
2. The next day will be like the day after Christmas. You will be totally bummed that your "official" launch date has passed.
3. Full speed ahead! You will be a selling machine!
4. Shockingly, you will hear your first "no." And believe me, it's a shock! After all, this is YOUR perfect invention and you were SURE everyone would absolutely LOVE it and HAVE to have it! But nope...not everything is for everyone.
5. After hearing that "no," this is where you will find out what you are made of. Will you go home and pout or will you shake it off and try, try again?
6. If you can not find someone to talk to about your product/business, you rather not talk at all. The only thing interesting to you in the first couple of weeks is your product, how it's selling, how BIG you are going to be, how you are marketing your product, etc. It's all about your Product X.
7. You get sick of yourself. You start to look at Product X like work and not just "your dream come true." After all, it's sales and sales IS hard work.
8. You become more realistic about what to expect out of your product and business. You now realize that launching your website did not equal instant sales and you are able to carry on conversations with family/friends about topics other than yourself.
9. The product you launch with will not be the product you sell in the end. Believe it or not (I did not), there will be something wrong with your product that you will have to spend money to fix. An over site or a glitch that you will have to correct but don't worry, if you took the advice of almost everyone that has created a product, you have launched in "your own backyard" and are able to quickly fix the problem. Happened to me. I promise, it will happen to you...if it hasn't already.
10. You are SO grateful that you "did your homework!" You read your books, did your research and paid attention to the valuable tips you've received along the way because NOW is when that all pays off. You are armed with a slew of information and that's a very powerful thing. You are in the trenches and working hard at selling your brilliant idea and you will not take "no" for an answer. You are a true Inventor and very proud of yourself because you are following your dream. Good for you!!!