Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Vegas Part 3 - the flight home

It's amazing to me how everyone seems connected in this industry. From Show Hosts to Producers to Investors... and A LOT of what happens, takes place here in Clearwater.

On the flight home, I had to stop in Kansas and while I was waiting to board the next flight, I saw a man I recognized. I had seen him at the ERA Convention but I recognized him from somewhere else...I just couldn't figure out where.

Feeling pumped from all the good news I heard in Vegas, I said "Hi"! (like we were long lost friends) and sat down next to him. I KNEW he looked familiar! He (Brian) used to be a Host on Daytime (NBC) and I did a segment with him with my tee shirt line, Wear Your Manners. Small world!

As it turns out, he does much much more and we have worked with many of the same people in the industry. *I used to work on The Ricki Lake Show, Caryl and Marlyn Real Friends on ABC, HSN*

Forbes Riley (The Julia Roberts of Infomercials) was also on the flight so needless to say, I had the best seats in the house!

This 3 hour flight I was dreading now turned into a major networking opportunity for me... but not just that...Brian and Forbes were very nice and fun to talk to !

If you recall, I was demoing the Spin Gym by Forbes Riley at the Paris Pool on Sunday night and now I will be shooting an infomercial and testimonials tomorrow at Omni Comm Studios in Clearwater!

Looks like being in the right place at the right time really holds true here!

10 comments:

  1. Tracy,

    That's so wonderful. Sounds like things are really starting to come together. Definately a trip worth taking. You have a lot of little surprise connections in your past. Sounds like you already had some contacts going in. Like having worked in the biz some. Please don't misunderstand what I'm saying this does not take away from your idea. It's actually great to see how this is unfolding for you. Best wishes,

    Mary S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary, I totally understand! Yes, sometimes it's all about who you know! However, did not know anyone at Milojo obviously! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yipppee for you Tracy! Awesome. Now we need a few "what happened at the shoot" blog posts! :)

    Got an email from someone at milojo yesterday... "no decisions yet, someone should be reaching out soon."

    Still waiting.... :)

    Deedra
    www.klipzon.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for that update, Deedra. I find I'm continuously checking my email for word from milojo (this is a bit maddening). Truly, I DO NOT want to set myself for disappointment, but when you have THIS much time to dream......

    ReplyDelete
  5. Today I received a call from Milojo and had a long interview. Their staff is very cordial and professional. The timeline is a little behind and there will be more information in two weeks. Best wishes to everyone and please keep us posted on new events.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi to the poster that said that they interviewed today with Milojo. Where you one of the earlier or later contract holders. Did they say anything about how the show will work? What is the two weeks. IS that for you or all of the contract holders in general?
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I received my contract early July. Within 2 weeks they will have answers for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting...did anyone else besides this recent Anonymous get a call?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't get anything!!! :) Yes Yes, still a-waitin'. :)

    Deedra
    www.klipzon.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I got a call this afternoon - I posted on your most recent entry, Tracy...not too much in the way of details, though, I'm sorry to say. She mentioned she was making tons of calls so I'm sure Deedra will be called soon, too. They are probably just doing it one by one...and it must be tedious, time-consuming work.

    ReplyDelete