Monday, December 28, 2009

Thoughts

Over the Christmas break something occurred to me. I have not been working The Everything Marinator.

And why did I start this blog? Because of Product X. And what is Product X? The Everything Marinator. And what is happening with The Everything Marinator? Nothing.

I had to wonder...why have I left my invention to collect dust...I know why...because it's a big pain in the butt! Man...this is a lot of work without any guarantees...and really...is it worth it?!

I'm honestly not sure. Chasing this dream of my invention being the next big kitchen item that the masses can not live without...with an awesome Husband, two healthy children, a loving home and lots of friends, it just might not be what I want to spend my time on anymore...

Don't get me wrong...I love The Everything Marinator but I am seeing some truly wonderful inventions going nowhere even with tens of thousands of dollars being invested and hours upon hours of hard work put into it...

So what to do?

For now, I am waiting to hear from a man in the business of inventions...to get his professional opinion and I'll go from there...

3 comments:

  1. Ok, could you tell I was frustrated in my above post? :)
    Two things have happened: First, I went to my kickboxing training session and beat the you-know-what out of a punching bag and while I was doing that something occurred to me: One of my goals is to give 10% of all profits from The EM to The Haven - a safe house for abused women and children. Phew...I feel better and motivated! There IS a reason to move forward. I just forgot it for a minute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A good dose of kick boxing will always help you re-focus. I need to get my, you-know-what, in the gym to feel the same release :)
    Thanks for the inspiration. So many times I wish I had a crystal ball so I could see what will happen in time...I bet it would just be a curse because I'm not sure I would have the discipline to continue on after seeing just how much hard work it will take to get where I want to be. I am so thankful for the good times and the bad times because with each one, the product gets better and better. Jill/LipStix ReMix

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tracy/Jill - there is a measure of comfort in knowing that we all feel the same way sometimes...the self doubts that creep in and the second guessing about the viability of our ideas and products. And then...ta da!...the shining moments when we just KNOW we're on track! There is something to be said for the normalcy of all that. So I just want to say, thanks for sharing. #16

    ReplyDelete