Friday, October 2, 2009

Behind the message

When I wrote the analogy between bubble bath and life (titled: Something to think about), it started off lighthearted...a funny, little blog post to put a smile on your face and maybe a thought in your head.

Interestingly enough, that post became a favorite among my family and friends and I started thinking...really Tracy, let's do this! Challenge yourself and be vulnerable! Work hard! Use that bubble bath!

I remebered what Donald Trump said, "Lazy people will never succeed" and what God said, "God helps those who help themselves". Not that I am comparing these two! :)

So I did...I forged ahead with a determination that I have never had before and in the following months, I have had doors shut, been told "no" and discouraged on several occasions but I just wouldn't accept THAT reality...MY reality was that I was about to hear "YES"!

And "YES" I have heard!

My uphill battle to make my dream a reality is finally paying off. I have some more work to do, believe me, but now I know that the HUGE amount of "bubble bath" I have poured into my life was not wasted!

So it is with great pleasure that I tell you, "I am officially out of bubble bath"...

10 comments:

  1. Hi Tracy,

    Have you seen the movie Julie & Julia? Everyone reading this MUST see it! It speaks volumes for all that we are doing and the fun we are having communicating about it! :)

    Tracy, I am wondering where you are with your process. My idea has gone from conception to offshore production. I feel like I can help you in some way. I have two patents.

    Flash of Genius, this movie depicts the mindset of every inventor. You can get it cheaply on Amazon.com. I love the book Stand Alone Inventor (also cheap on Amazon),as it taught me that I could do most of the work myself and I did all of it for a fraction of the cost. Warmly, Lisa w Bag Bundle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa,
    Thank you for your offer for help and I'll be in touch if need be! About the movie...I have not seen it yet but my mom did and she said I would love it!
    Have a wonderful Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ladies,
    There was a post saying that Mom Inc was on the TLC website show line up. I can't find it so please point me in the right direction!
    Hope you are all enjoying your Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I searched high and low, Tracy, and I found nothing...where did you see the post?

    ReplyDelete
  5. On the post "The cat's out of the bag", anonymous wrote, "Look at TLC winter guide and you'll find it there". I have done that and I do not see anywhere posted that there is a "winter guide"...let me know if you find anything!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Tracy, did you ever update us on the exciting news that was going to be "good for all of us"? I remeber you saying that you could hardly contain yourself.
    Tracy did you advance to the second round with a contract or just in the running for a possible contract?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Anonymous,
    That exciting news that is "good for all of us" has been put in a bit of a hold while I wait some more good news!
    About the second round for Milojo, I was told "we have passed you on to the next round". A contract was never mentioned but man, did I think one was coming! :) And...I...never...heard...from...them...again...

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's just plain awful...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes! It is, isn't it?!?! :)

    However, I can't say why at the moment but had I signed that contract, I would not be where I am today and today is a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. All's well that ends well!! That's great, Tracy!!

    ReplyDelete